Saturday, July 26, 2008
While the boys went to Oklahoma to watch BJs game, the girls went with me to our home school groups Board of Director's meeting. The kids enjoyed swimming and diving. After the meeting, I enjoyed a little hot tub time while chatting with Donna. Who knew a 'board' meeting meant 'diving board.' I bet we would have more volunteers, if they only knew!
Friday, July 25, 2008
- Caleb and Jess' team traded their penny for $1 with a lady at CVS.
- Traded the $1 for a can of pineapples at a ladies house.
- Traded pineapples for a large can of sliced tomatoes.
- Traded the tomatoes for a carton of mangoes.
- Traded two mangoes for a large pizza.
So their final items were a carton of mangoes (minus 2) and a Large Pizza. The winning team's trades went like this:
- They traded the penny for a carton of Dr. Pepper with the Dr. Pepper guy at Quik Trip.
- Traded the carton of Dr. Pepper for $70 with a guy driving a Hummer at a construction site.
- Traded the $70 for an ice chest full of drinks and snacks with a realtor at an Open House.
- Traded the ice chest for 3 brand new remote control cars.
- Traded the remote control cars for a TV with DVD player.
Only in Plano, in 90 minutes could you go from one cent to a TV with DVD player, . . . oh, oh and they got the 'Over the Hedge' DVD too! After our BIGGER or Better game we watched 'The Bee Movie' and finished the day with a game of Killer.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
- Six Flags has very comfortable, adjustable beds!
- It's easier to spend 10 hours at Six Flags if you have a 2 hour nap in the middle of your visit!
- If you are in first-aid and your kids are starving because you are sound asleep, a really nice EMT will give them food vouchers!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Everyone who knows us, know that we celebrate birthdays with breakfast in bed. Before you're too impressed, know that breakfast can be anything the birthday person wants! Jon's birthday are always every one's favorite! He has a HUGE sweet tooth! For breakfast we had Ho-Ho's, Strawberry Shortcake Rolls and Dr. Pepper, at 6:15am while Jon opened his presents.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Caleb brought his calcite geode to the Nature Exchange. He's been working on getting enough points to exchange for a beautiful Tiger Cowrie shell ever since he read the book, The Secret of the Golden Cowrie. Today he finally had enough points! Abigail traded up for a sand dollar and Jess picked up two crystals.
If you haven't checked out the new Zoo Rangers, they are a must! It is a super cool hand held GPS system, with a 4" LCD screen. It knows where you are in the zoo, and gives you great details from the zoo keepers. There are even fun Q&A's for the children after each section of the zoo. I only heard two references to evolution and billions of years, but if your kids have a Biblical Worldview they will dismiss it. But overall it was an awesome asset to the zoo experience!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008