Saturday, June 14, 2014

Caleb's Star Wars Room



With all the foundation work we had done to the house almost every room of the house is in need of wall patch, painting and working towards new flooring.  Since the kids have been gone this week I decided to start with Caleb's room.  Yes, he knew I was going to be completely disassembling his room and yes, he didn't care.  In fact his words were, 'if I came home from camp and my room was re-done and I didn't have to any of the work, No, I would not be distraught.'  

The primary wall and window in his room face the south and the room gets very warm in the summer.  Several years ago we painted it a dark blue and it even had LED lights around the ceiling to go with the Star Wars movie posters on the wall.  There was even a Star Wars glow in the dark solar system on one wall.  

However since he's almost seventeen it was time to give the room a more grown up feel. Jon and I moved out all the furniture, patched the walls, re-textured the ceiling where needed and then began to paint.  The ceiling, walls, and trim took two coats of paint.  Frankie doesn't like change and wasn't happy that the kids were out of town and was even less happy about me changing Caleb's room, so she hung out in his room and colored or read a book, but kept an eye on me the whole time! Love that kid! 

When the room was completed in a light gray hue, I hung up all the Star Wars movie posters.  I used his light sabers, laser guns, and fighter ships as wall art around the room.  Caleb has Jon's grandmother’s dresser and we had the mirror replaced in it so it would be more useful.  Jon even got up on a ladder and cleaned the outside of Caleb's window.  

Caleb has a great leather futon gaming couch / bed that I left folded down so that when he gets in late tonight he can crash.  Can't wait for him to get home and see it! 

it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you Luke 1:3

No comments: