Monday, August 8, 2016

Sweet Souls

There is a lot of greatness in these pictures, and no, I don't mean the kids and I.   Here's what I see when I look at these pictures

In the lower right is Abigail in Metro Relief's now working cooler.  Do you see we now have refrigerated food for our guest!  It has been a tough almost 2 months without any refrigerated items for our guests, but because of very generous donations we are up and running again.

In the lower left is a giant basket of soaps and toiletries our friend Ms. Kathy has been collecting for the pantry.  Today we were able to hand them out to our guests! 

In the upper right is me giving one of our smaller guests a kid's Bible.  All of the Bible's at the pantry were donated by my friend Derek, who is a manager at Mardel's! 

In the upper left corner is Caleb working in Intake with a mom and her little girl.  Caleb is explaining where she can get various services and will pray with the family.  What I see is the nice adjustable leather chair, you see another friend of ours donated three of these chairs for our volunteers.  He knew that the volunteers sit with guests for three hours and asked what would make that easier on our volunteers.  Jon and Caleb went and picked up the chairs from our friend!  

When I look at these pictures it is neat to see my kids working hard to serve others, but I also see all the generosity behind the scenes of the people who aren't in the pictures.  

So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:2-4

No comments: