Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fairly Good Friends


When your friend text to say they are willing to drive from another state to come hang out with you, you adjust your schedule so you can play!  The Gungans made the trip down so we could hang out at the Texas State Fair.  My first trip to the Texas State Fair was with Donna as my tour guide. She navigated us through the Little Kids on the Farm, Kids Barnyard, and through the food vendors.  I remember her explaining that I had to have a Fletcher's, and I was confused because I couldn't image why I needed a corny dog when there were so many other great fried foods.  But she was right, and every year we've hit the Fletcher's stand! We may have stopped at a few other food stands, too! 

This year for the first time ever in America, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel was on exhibit. It is a photographic reproduction of Michelangelo's work, displayed in its original size.  I was fortunate enough to see the real thing, including David when I was younger traveling with my parents.  But I wanted the kids to see the amazing master pieces.  The girls freaked out a little that so much nakedness was included in painting that were done at the direction of a Pope. 


We hung out at the Fair all day, it's crazy because we still didn't see everything.  We never made it to the arts and crafts building or to any of the animal barns.  But we had a blast hanging out with our friends and are so appreciate their coming to hang out with us! 

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not,
 and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, 
for God has accepted them. Romans 14:3

No comments: