Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Let anyone who lacks wisdom (teeth), . . . nap!


Ok, here you go, Sissy took the photo! This morning the oral surgeon cut out my three wisdom teeth. He also put in an abutment that he will use to attach a prosthesis in a few weeks. I had lost a tooth a year (or so) ago that turned out to be a baby tooth with no adult tooth under it. So the surgeon took care of that as well. Do you like the chubby chipmunk cheeks? My paperwork says, 'most swelling peaks between 48-72 hours and then will slowly decrease.' I can't imagine them swelling any more than they are right now!
.
I have wonderful friends! Ms. Donna took the children for today. I think she was taking them to Studio Movie Grill to see Charlotte's Web. Ms. Amanda brought by a delicious looking caserole, salad & gingerbread for the family, and some nutrition drinks for me! What a blessing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister,

Thanx for keeping us up to date re: your oral surgery this morning.

You wrote, "[I]t hurts to talk." (I will leave that one alone. Hmmm.)

Sorry you have to go through all that pain. So, just how many "golf balls" have you shoved you're your mouth before? Another version of "Chubby Bunny"? Ha-ha.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad things went well. Been thinking of you throughout the day. Hope you are feeling better soon!

RaeAnne

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all went well and that you are on your way to recovery. We'll keep you in our prayers and hope the swelling is not too bad. -the Gillmans