Monday, August 11, 2008

Hot & Cold . . . don't mix


As parents, we have taught our children the dangers of placing ice/cold beverage in a hot/warm glass. This is definitely one of those stupid, stupid moments.
.
I had run up to Sonic to purchase a bag of ice. Then pulled out my giant punch bowl out of the dishwasher and poured the bag of ice into it. The idea being, it would be easier for the kids to scoop ice out of the punch bowl than pulling the bag in and out of the freezer.
.
The bowl was still warm, so when I picked up the bowl to place it in the freezer, it shattered, complete with leaving a piece of crystal sticking out of my right wrist! My first impulse was to shake the glass off my wrist, which was followed by blood squirting out my wrist!
.
Shortening the story, a visit to my doctor, a tetanus shot, an MRI and now an upcoming appointment with a wrist surgeon and I will be back to normal, minus a very pretty punch bowl. I'm thinking of investing in an ice bucket, a pretty metal ice bucket!

No comments: