Saturday, January 17, 2009

Remember the Alamo


What would a blog be without some reference to John Wayne? Well since I'm married to Jon and my Dad is Wayne, it was only a matter of time. And besides that Grandaddy's CB handle was Alamo, for those of you born after the 70's, that's like his avitar.

.
On Tuesday we are going to Ft. Worth's Casa Manana to watch a live performance of the Alamo. In history we are in Middle Egypt, that is a loooonnnggg way from the events at the Alamo.
.

To catch the kids up quickly, so the play would have meaning for them I pulled out some books and we watched John Wayne's movie the Alamo. In it's day this was a monumental movie because it was one of the very few that John Wayne's character died.
.
When Jon came home from work he said, "Why don't we drive to San Antonio and take them to see the Alamo!" So here we are, five of us in a hotel room, plus Padme' just outside of Austin, on our way to San Antonio.
.
We took Frankie to see the Alamo when she was six but that has been 18 years ago. You gotta' love home schooling. I think next time I'll tell Jon that we are studying the statehood of Hawaii!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative, my kids would cringe if I suggested anything made before 2000! Good for you. hugs, KB