Friday, January 1, 2010

Inspiration



I have read several postings on Facebook today of New Year's Resolutions to 'read thru the Bible in the year 2010.' I thought I would share something very personal to me in hopes of encouraging other families. When I turned 29, (1996) I resolved that I wanted to read thru the entire Bible before I turned 30. It was very private, I stole away quiet moments and read, during that year Caleb was born. The night before my 30th birthday, I stayed up and finished my task. It was so inspirational and empowering. After that year Jon incorporated this into our entire family. We now read the chronological NIV every morning with breakfast. Some days Jon reads, some days the kids. Yes, some days we miss a morning (or two) and have to read a little longer the next day. And there have been times when we missed weeks, but just picked up at the new days reading. But all in all I find it wonderful that Caleb is 12 and has read the entire Bible 12 times, and Abigail is 9 and has read thru the entire Bible 9 times!
.
So if this is a new habit hang in there! You can do it, it will be very worthwhile and the dividends are huge!!!!!

No comments: