Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bloggin' Along


Several years ago I started this blog because Jon’s job had relocated our family to Texas and most of our family was still in Oklahoma. It served as a great tool for Grandparents to keep up with what my kiddos were doing. It also helped the grandparents understand what the kids were talking about when their communication skills were still developing.

As our children have grown older and many family member have gone to receive their reward the blog has taken on a new purpose. Being a home schooling family my children all have laptops and each of them check the blog almost daily. They love to read about our adventures. I’m sure it is not surprising because they are the stars of almost each adventure.

Then I got to thinking, long after I’m gone the kiddos will have this memoir of their childhood narrated by their mom, how cool is that. I would like to continue to include our fun and add to it ‘lessons learned’ that I want the kids to keep with them, long after I’m gone.


My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
-- Proverbs 3:1-4

No comments: