Monday, February 28, 2011

National Bible Bowl Practice





























For the kids competing in the National Bible Bowl competition, this week I made up some board games to make class a little more fun! One game was like 'Clue' where they had to guess who did it, you know, 'it was the Dragon, with sword in Pergamum!' :) The other game was similar to Life. If you landed on a square with something that the seven churches of Asia were doing correctly you got to move forward. But, if you landed on something like 'Lukewarm' that Laodecia was admonished for, you moved backwards! :) Silliness I know, but I love that these kids put so much into learning scripture and that they enjoy my quirky Bible humor. They are such an awesome group of kids!
.
The picture of Richard, Caleb & Blake was taken during drama practice today. These are the three musketeers. I really loved this candid shot of them just being them! They are the best of friends and I just love the camaraderie when they are together. They are very different personalities, but they bring out the very best in each other!


Everyone who competes in the games
goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last,
but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
I Corinthians 9:25

No comments: