Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools


Several years ago I had a brilliant idea for an April Fools joke on the kids. Every year since the kids have looked forward to what Mom would do next! This year April Fools falls on the day we are driving up to Oklahoma Christian University for the National Bible Bowl Competition. Like every road trip, I have a little cooler packed and at some point we will stop for a picnic. However, they are in for a surprise. I have packed 'fishsticks' and 'peas and carrots' for lunch, with one tiny twist!

The fish sticks are sugar wafer cookies that I coated with peanut butter and then rolled in smashed corn flakes. The 'peas and carrots' are green mini-gobstopper candies and orange Starbursts that have been quartered!

Now shhh, they suspect nothing!!!! I'll post pictures of their reactions later today. Abigail has already gotten in the April Fools spirit by calling her friends (at 7:45am) and telling them there was a fire at OCU and National's has been postponed indefinitely!!! Heheheh!

"Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!"

II Corinthians 12:16

1 comment:

rachel neil said...

I'm gonna make a pizza for supper for april fool's day.
I should come up with a trick of some sort to surprise my kids with.