Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


Usually Memorial Day weekend is when Jon and I celebrate our anniversary. We were married on May 25, 1990 and our anniversary generally falls on the Memorial Day weekend. When we were in Tulsa, we would generally head to Floral Haven Cemetery and honor the service men and women. The U.S. flag that draped the coffins of our military are an amazing site. My Grandfather's flag flies in honor of his service to the U.S. Navy and Jon's father's flag in honor of his service to the U.S. Army.

This year our anniversary fell earlier in the week. We stayed home for Memorial Day, late in the afternoon Michael and Misty came over for a swim and a cookout. Jon grilled burgers and veggies. When it got darker, Abigail had everything prepared for making s'mores!


to them I will give within my temple
and its walls a memorial
and a name better than
sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
Isaiah 56:5

No comments: