Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Photo Cubes

Christmas Photo Cubes











Family Pics
Abigail's Pics





Caleb's Pics
Frankie's Pics














 

One of the greatest things about family traditions is they usually don't start out to be a tradition. One that our family stumbled on was our Christmas photo cubes. I usually send out family photo Christmas cards so I originally purchased the cubes to preserve the family photos. Over time I added some retro family Christmas pics.



Here's the fun part, my three children have so much fun with these cubes. When no one is looking each of them take turns rotating each of the cubes to a photo of themselves. I have always kept the cubes eye and hand level for their age and they love seeing themselves. And at anytime you can walk past the display and see 'all Frankie pics' or 'all Abigail pics'.

These photo cubes can be picked up in any store that sells picture frames, mine came from Michael's. They are sold in glass or acrylic (a.k.a. plastic). I have the acrylic version and couldn't be happier. The glass ones are much heavier and because the kids play with them so often, I don't have to worry about them breaking the glass.

Because we live in Texas and our summer's get so warm this is the only Christmas decorations that I store in the house and not the hot attic or garage. Otherwise the heat and humidity would melt the picture to the plastic.

And they observe many other traditions . . .
Mark 7:4

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a great idea!