Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012 with the babies!

                              M - O - T - H - E - R
                     "M" is for the million things she gave me,
                     "O" means only that she's growing old,
                      "T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
                      "H" is for her heart of purest gold;
                      "E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
                      "R" means right, and right she'll always be,
                       Put them all together, they spell
                      "MOTHER,"
                       A word that means the world to me.
                               Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

As a Mother's Day gift for the grandparents, we made book marks to send with the cards.  I took a photo in the backyard with the kids and then used Publisher to crop and edit the photo to look like the kids were hanging on to balloons float over the Dallas skyline. 
Before editing
Final Bookmark

Our day today included the usual sermon on mothers.  My favorite passage has always been the scripture in Timothy, because my father's mother was named Eunice and my mother's grandmother was named Lois.  Both women were Proverbs 31 women, it makes me smile to think of the heritage of blessings my family lives under because of the Godly life these ladies lived.

 Recalling your tears, I long to see you,
so that I may be filled with joy. 
I have been reminded of your sincere faith,
which first lived in your grandmother Lois
and in your mother Eunice and,
I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
Timothy 1:4-5

No comments: