Thursday, August 23, 2012

PEACH Kick-Off

Boy Scouts presenting the colors

Most of you know that PEACH or  Plano Educational Association of Christian Homeschoolers, is the volunteer, non-profit organization serving home school families in Plano and approximately a dozen surrounding North Texas communities.  Our family have been members of PEACH for eight or nine years and I have served on the Board of Directors for the past six years.
 
My position on the Board is Communication Director, meaning I am the one responsible for the PEACH website, the member's only Yahoo group, the weekly newsflash and monthly newsletter for our 300+ families.  Christian education has been a priority for Jon and I, in Oklahoma Jon served on the Board of Directors for Greater Tulsa Christian Academy.  Like all volunteer work it is time consuming and very rewarding! 
 
Tonight was the big Kick-Off and we easily had 500+ people!  It was by far the best attended event to date, in 2011 & 2010 we had approximately 300+.  There were field trips to sign-up for, and home school friendly vendors, and reps from PEACH sponsored Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, American Heritage Girls, Drama Club, Classical Book Club, Speech and Debate Club, Running Club and more I am sure I am forgetting!  All of these activities are under the oversight of our board and it has been great to see all the growth! 
 
I love my homeschooling family!  The Kick-Off was just the shot in the arm I needed to embark on another year of schooling with the kids!
 
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
III John 4

No comments: