Thursday, August 30, 2012

PEACH Kick-Off

Boy Scout Flag Ceremony
Our family has been a part of or PEACH, Plano Educational Association of Christian Homeschoolers for probably ten years. They are a support group for homeschooling families in the North Texas area.
.
I have served as Webmaster/Communications Director/Board for PEACH for the better part of the last seven or eight years. As such I have been responsible for the PEACH website, the PEACH Weekly Newsletter, the PEACH Yahoo Group and all promotion material. It keeps me crazy busy but I know it is a valuable tool to homeschooling families and especially newbies!
.
Tonight was our PEACH Kick-Off with over 500+ in attendance! We kicked off the 2012-2013 School Year with 70+ field trip sign ups, lots of homeschool friendly vendors, teen events, Drama Club, Teen Classical Book Club, Public Speakers Club, Youth Running Club, and Park Days.
.
For those who enjoy scouting, PEACH offers a Girl Scout cluster, along with Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, American Heritage Girls, and even a Spring Family Camp out for members!
.
We offer support to new (and seasoned!) home school moms with Mentoring Meetings and Mom's Night Out. Children will quickly make friends with other homeschoolers at field trips, Park Day, Library Day, and so many other activities. 
.
Preparation for the Kick-Off for me is huge! I'm responsible for our 300+ family member cards, and the extensive member packets, along with all the promotional material. It goes without saying that Jon, Frankie, Caleb and Abigail all do their share of folding, stuffing, coping, and laminating all the material I get credit for producing. Although my name is the only one listed on the Board of Director's page, my sweet family do a lot of the work behind the scenes!  And it doesn't hurt that I serve along side several of my sweetest friends on the Board of Directors.  We have prayed, laughed and prayed even more together!
.
The passage on the back of our PEACH t-shirts:
I have no greater joy than to hear
that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 4

No comments: