Friday, October 12, 2012

Dallas Morning News Tour


Our group infront of the giant rolls of paper


As a former freelance writer for the Tulsa Tribune while I was in high school, I have always had a passion for the printed word.  I can vividly remember the first time I saw the giant rolls of paper running through the printing press in Tulsa.  So cool!  It would later be the reason I selected Journalism/Mass Communications as my Major at Oklahoma Christian.
 
Today I shared that thrill with the kids as we walked over the course of one mile while touring the Dallas Morning News plant.  Here they print not only the Dallas paper but the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and many other local distribution papers.

We were able to see where the receive paper from the rail cars, material handling, plate-making, the press room, packaging and maintenance. Our group was able to see the comics section being run for the Sunday paper two weeks from now!   .
.
They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Psalm 112:7
 

No comments: