Thursday, November 15, 2012

PEACH Recital


Each year our home school group, PEACH, holds our annual Recital, it is a great venue for kids to display their various talents and an even better time to hang out with friends!  The evening includes a youth dessert bake off.  This year we had 17 entries in the dessert competition.  Since my kiddos did not participate in the baking portion I was invited to assist with the judging portion.  That is code for sample all 17 desserts!   Yum, there we no losers, that's for sure!
 
There was also an art competition, separated by age groups.  So many talented children!  I really enjoy seeing the kids creativity.  Abigail did enter the art competition, I'm not sure how many pieces of art were entered, but their were a lot of great pieces!
 
Entertainment for the evening included the recital portion, there was everything from musical selections, poetry recitations, solos, interps, and I'm sure I am forgetting some.  We had more contestants this year than any previous year, and I'm happy to say, the quality of the performances was also improved!
 
Caleb chose to perform a piece he did for his speakers club and Abigail performed one of her newest piano pieces. 






 
for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD
Exodus 12:14


No comments: