Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Afternoons



The VERY best part of my week, almost every week is Sunday after Bible class. It is the time when I get together with about sixteen incredible kids to study the book of Matthew.  I love Bible Bowl! I love teaching these kids, I love pushing them to learn more, I love them teaching me! 
 
I can't say I ever have a strong feeling for how the kids will do in competition, but I have a very strong feeling about how these kids will do in life.  We have spent so much time together, some of them every Sunday afternoon for 6 months at a time for the past seven years!  They bring out the best in each other and truly do 'spur one another on!'
 
There are so many things pulling for their attention, and time, but this is where they choose to spend and hour and a half on Sunday afternoons.  And everyone of them will score better than I will on the test, but they still let me teach!  And even though many of them are now taller then me, they still let me hug their necks.  They laugh at my corny Bible Bowl jokes.  And I get to tag team with my favorite teaching partner, Mr. Jon!
 
When I look at these faces I know one day each of them will stand before another group of 16 to 20 kids and pass this legacy on!  I had awesome Bible Class teachers at Broken Arrow, Mrs. Parker, Mrs. Matthews, Mrs. Lightsey, Mrs. Emerson, Mrs. Dethridge and others who handed the torch to me!

Some worthless scoundrels gathered around him
and opposed Rehoboam son of Solomon
when he was young and indecisive
and not strong enough to resist them.
II Chronicles 13:7

No comments: