Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July at Granny's House


One of the dearest things I miss about not being in Oklahoma is Jon's mom.  When we were in Oklahoma we never lived more than two miles away from each other.  Early on in our marriage Jon's mom took up the mantle of July 4th being the Kirkwood holiday.  Every fourth we head to Oklahoma where they have several acres to set off fireworks, enjoy family and eat great home cooked meals! 
 
With Jon's step-dad, Donnie, being a retired fire fighter I've never worried about the safety of the kids.  This year all of the 'old-cousins' were together and it made this aunt very happy!!! It is so fun to see them laugh like they have never spent a day a part. 

Now then, please swear to me by the Lord
that you will show kindness to my family,
because I have shown kindness to you.
Joshua 2:12


No comments: