Friday, October 11, 2013

Flashback Friday


We have a new Tom Thumb in our town and they working with Metro Relief to help the hungry and needy in our community.  Volunteers take turns picking up bakery items each morning and delivering them to the pantry.  We have taken Friday mornings for pick-ups.  I started to take my van for the pick up, but knowing it would only be a couple of carts of breads and cakes we took the HHR.  As these things usually work out there were 4+ carts of food, two trips later we finished our pick up! 

The picture is the first load, Caleb carefully stacked everything and we were able to transport all the dessert without one casualty  When I saw the kids loading the car I flashed back to a 2006 picture of the kids loading some 300+ cans of food for God's Food Pantry.  They have grown some and don't seem to enjoy me taking their picture as much!  

When Abigail saw the picture from 2006, she asked me what she was wearing. I told her she has on Caleb's jeans and shoes she was mortified and asked me why I made her wear his clothes.  Really!!  The fact that she is not wearing ruffles and bows is proof I did not make her wardrobe selections that day! 


Praise the Lord, my soul. 
Lord my God, you are very great; 
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 104:1

No comments: