Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat

Our kids have arrived at that age where they are too old for Trick or Treating.  However, it is probably one of Frankie's favorite days of the year.  And really, what is not to like from a child like perspective?  You dress up in fun, creative costumes.  Every neighbor is friendly, out on their porches and handing out candy!  

Abigail agreed to dress up to take Frankie around, mainly to keep her safe.  Abigail dressed as Katniss from Hunger Games and Frankie went as Flo from the Progressive Car Insurance commercials.  Jon followed at a distance visiting with neighbors as they walked around the block.  

Caleb and I passed out candy and watched Dracula and the Bride of Frankenstein

I love our little family. I love that Jon is o.k. with walking around to make sure the girls are safe.  I love that Abigail eagerly helped Frankie put a costume together.  I love that Frankie can remember what kind of candy each house gave out for the the last several years and who was home last year.  I love that when I asked Caleb to watch a scary movie, he automatically picks the classics.  I'm fairly confident we are not normal, and for that I am most grateful! 

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:2


No comments: