Monday, December 30, 2013

No Christmas Break for the Hungry


The food pantry has been closed this week because of the holidays, however, donations have continued to pour in.  Kroger grocery store in The Colony has grocery bags that customers can purchase that are filled with pasta, pasta sauce, canned mixed veggies, instant potatoes and boxed stuffing.  Pallets of these donation came in last week.  Today the kids and I spent three hours sorting through donations and helping prepare the shelves for clients next week.  I think in three hours we still only processed two pallets of donations. 

After our time at the pantry today we ran over to Kroger's to pick up milk and eggs.  While we were there we saw a Dad and daughter shopping; they had bread, soup, and eggs in their basket, then Dad counted the money in his wallet and the girl had to put back the two cans of tomato soup.  I recognized them from the pantry, it was a reminder that there are opportunities all around us to do good for others.  

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father,
so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
John 6:57

No comments: