Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Serving with Friends!


Today was our last service day at the pantry for 2013.  Metro is closed because next Wednesday is Christmas and the following Wednesday is New Years Day.  I really love our Metro family, the adult volunteers are so great with Caleb and Abigail.  

Caleb being a quiet and thoughtful soul like his Dad, usually spends his time lifting and toting cans, cases of fruit, frozen pizza, you name it.  Today he even helped Ms. Gina repair a lose bolt on one of the shelves.  

Since Abigail is my social butterfly she prefers to greet the clients, help them shop, and visit with them about their week. Today Frankie was a big help sorting through the donations from Kroger. She's getting to be a professional at finding those expiration date, plus she has much better eye sight than me! 

Every day we begin our work at Metro with a prayer for humble hearts that look for those we can minister to, how powerful is that!!!  Different adults lead the prayer and it is so uplifting to hold hands with like mind people and pray.  There are days when I hear others pray and think, "Wow, I want their heart!" 

“Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.
John 21:17

No comments: