Friday, February 7, 2014

Acting! I was merely acting!



Today I learned to be thankful for snowy, slick streets!  Usually on Friday's the kids schedule is so hectic and Caleb drives them from one event to another while I stay home.  But due to icy road conditions I had a great excuse to taxi them around town.  

It gave me the opportunity to see how their PEACH drama performance of the Canterbury Tales was progressing.  I think they have something like 45 kids in the production, I must say they are looking really great!  It's fun to watch how even the shyest of kids come out of their shell when they are on stage.  I am not saying either of the kids are shy, but some of their friends can be.  

The funniest part today was Caleb filling in for the part of Emelye, Theseus's domesticated Amazon queen in Knight's Tale!  At the end of practice Caleb was awarded the 'Oscar' for best performance!  He does a great damsel in distress voice!  

This year Caleb is taking on the role of Harry Bailey, the narrator of sorts.  And Abigail will be portraying Pertelote, Chanticleer's favorite hen-wife, with a New Jersey accent! Can't wait to see the costumes! 


He will yet fill your mouth with laughter
    and your lips with shouts of joy.

Job 8:21

No comments: