Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Looking for the Good


One of the blessing in our volunteer work is that many times we get to see the best in other people.  The really great things people do when no one is looking.   Today we stopped by Big Lots and found a cases of 24 individual tubes of toothpaste on the clearance table.  

I asked the sales clerk, who happened to be the manager, if they had more cases.  She walked me back to the toothpaste section and explained that due to the expiration date, only that one case was being sold at clearance.  She showed me nine other cases all being sold at full price.  I thanked her and mentioned that I was wanting to purchase them to donate to the pantry.  We chatted that toiletries are often hard to come by.  She then put the other nine cases in a cart and told the check out clerk to ring them all up at the clearance price!  

She went on to call a nearby store that she worked at the day before, knowing they were clearancing out individual shampoos, and asked that store to hold the shampoo for me!!  There was no benefit for her, no one was watching to see her great generosity, and no one would ever know what a nice thing she did!  Her store sure didn't make any money on either purchase!  But at least on this little blog and I can announce to my friends, please shop at the Big Lots in The Colony or the store in Carrollton!  Both stores have been so generous and just a joy to shop!!  

She was full of good works and acts of charity.  Acts 9:36

No comments: