Saturday, June 14, 2014

Camp Blue Haven: They're Back!!


What a welcome sight to see that chartered bus pull into the Brown Trail Church of Christ parking lot!  Ironically, the first kid off the bus was my independent, high-spirited, youngest child!  She got off and came running to see Sissy!  Abigail knew that their being gone was worrisome to Sissy, so she made a be-line to her big sister to show her how much she missed her.  I asked if she was sitting in the front of the bus and she said, 'no, I was in the middle, I'm just fast.'

After another twenty or so kids Caleb came off the bus!  I promise he looked taller and older!  Padme' was very excited to have her 'puppies' back too!  Oh, oh and did you see the blue Camp Blue Haven Master Camper Caleb is wearing?  Yes, he got Master Camper for the boy’s cabins.  It is points accumulated for attitude, cabin cleanliness, memory work, etc.  Funny thing is he never told me about the award.  It was another mom who said she was so proud Caleb won; I had no idea what she was talking about.  Later I asked Caleb and he says, 'oh yeah, I forgot!' 

So happy they are home!  The first they did when they got home was down load all the pictures from their cameras, while sitting on Mom's lap!!   


For when he sees his children,
    the work of my hands, in his midst,
    they will sanctify my name;
they will sanctify the Holy One of Jacob
    and will stand in awe of the God of Israel
Isaiah 29:23


No comments: