Friday, July 11, 2014

Date Night with My Honey



Most of my dates with my honey have been to the theater.  Lots of shows, musicals, orchestras, symphonies, and operas.  Tonight we headed to the Firehouse Theatre in Farmers Branch for Hello, Dolly! 

Our first stop was at the Twisted Root Burger Co. that was within walking distances of the theater.   The atmosphere is a garage, drive-in setting.  The food is awesome, I'm talking onion strings, fried pickles, sweet potato fries, oh my!  The place has a great vibe, fun atmosphere and different flavors of root beer!!

We walked off some of the fried goodness on our way to the theater.  Tonight's performance starred one of my high school friends, David, as Cornelius Hackl.  David was in my church youth group and we attended the same college.  I don't think I had seen him since college, but I've been able to reconnect through Facebook.  David is one of those crazy talented artistic souls.  His voice and art are both first rate. He and his brother even did work on the recently released of Free Birds movie.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, David's high school daughter was also in the show as Minnie Fay and rocked it. 

It was a great evening with my honey and fun watching a great show and seeing a child hood friend pursue his passion! Life is good! 

encourage one another and build each other up
1 Thessalonians 5:11


No comments: