Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lazy Summer Days

Summer is going by too quickly, the new school year will be here in no time.  The kids and I spent the morning at Metro Relief serving in the food pantry.  The kid were joined by a group of kids from our local rec center that are participating in a summer work camp.  


The kids worked on the community garden, volunteers put in an irrigation system last summer and the garden looks wonderful.  I don't have a green thumb and I have a real appreciation for the volunteers who plant and grow vegetables in the garden.  People really would starve if they depended on what I'm able to grow.

This afternoon each of the kids had their own activities, so it was just Jon and I in the house.  I was working on my laptop on Bible Bowl lesson and you know that uncomfortable feeling you get that someone is watching you?  Well, I had that feeling, when I looked you, this was my view.  Apparently Padme' wanted my attention!  

Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors.  Proverbs 8:34


No comments: