Thursday, July 31, 2014

This is Only a Test!


Today the younger kids and I joined Abigail's friend at a local school for disaster training.  It involved local police, fire, ambulance, and 911 operators.  

We got to play the part of the victims with really great fake wounds.  I had a gun shot wound through my upper arm complete with entrance and exit wound.  Caleb's gun shot wound went through a main artery in his leg with no exit wound.  And Abigail, well her gunshot wound left bone protruding through the skin!  Frankie did not participate, she wanted nothing to do with our 'fun'!

There was a very unsettling element thinking that our officers have to rehearse for such a horrible event. And the first time I saw them bring Caleb out on a stretcher was surreal! 

It was fascinating to watch the fireman create our wounds.  There was a definite 'art' to his work! I am only posting the pictures after the fact, because I'm pretty sure it would have freaked out a couple of Grandmothers! 

Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
    but an enemy multiplies kisses.

Proverbs 27:6


No comments: