Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Visit With Santa

As hard as it is to be raising the kids away from all of our family, I really enjoy having our little blog to keep family updated on the daily things that happen in our lives.  Most of the things we do aren't big or grand, they are simply living every day.  But this little blog is a great way for our family in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Maryland and other states to watch the kids grow up.  It connects the kids to family we don't get to spend near enough time around.
 
Today was one of those simple days that I was unpacking all the Christmas knick-knacks.  As I unpacked the Santa photos I remarked, "here are our pics with Santa from each year."  My sweet, very literal child corrected me that we did not have pics from every year, in fact, last year I failed to take them to see Santa.
 
So today we head to see Santa.  The kids got their photos made and as we left Bass Pro the same child was still grumpy.  When I inquired about her mood, she explained that he wasn't a very good fake Santa because he forgot to ask what she wanted for Christmas.  Hhhmmm. . . maybe next year. 

Again, just a simple look at our day, but a fun story I wouldn't be able to share with our family if it wasn't for this fun forum.   Ho, ho, ho!

Blessed is the one who listens to me,
    watching daily at my gates,
    waiting beside my doors.
Proverbs 8:34

No comments: