Tuesday, August 4, 2015

VIP Treatment at Hawaiian Falls


Hawaiian Falls is the water park near our house where Caleb works.  They have seven locations in the Dallas Fort Worth area.   For the past five years they have hosted a Champions Day for families with special needs.  It is a time when they close the rest of the park so there are no crowds, no over stimulation. 


When we go to Hawaiian Falls during regular hours Frankie may only ride one or two rides and then she sticks close to me in the wave pool or lazy river.  But today she could ride all the rides she wanted.  
Caleb was working cotton candy when we got there, but when his supervisor found out Frankie was there he covered Caleb's station and let Caleb have some time with Sissy.  I think she rode all but two slides.  

On one of the rides she met another girl and they rode several slides together.  It was wonderful to see her come off the slides excited and say, "Mom, I made a new friend!"  Frankie even felt comfortable enough that she and her new friend went off and rode several more slides together! 




If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint,

    I will change my expression, and smile,’

Job 9:27

No comments: