Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Merely a Flesh Wound



Today I'm grateful for ten years of injury free softball.  As a catcher Abigail is pretty well protected but as with any sport it's not a matter of if they get hurt it is simply a matter of when. 

Two weeks ago Abigail was catching for a sixteen year old pitcher who was practicing throwing screwballs.  The ball didn't break until it got almost to Abigail's glove and when it did, the 60+mph ball took out Abigail's thumb.  

Jon took her to the pediatrician the day Caleb headed to LCU, however there were no broken bones.  We've kept it in a brace for a couple of weeks but it was not healing.  Today we went to the orthopedic doctor and found that she has a torn ligament. 

Abigail will be in a cast for three weeks and then will be in a soft brace for a few weeks.  This will put a halt to softball and piano for a few weeks! 

Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint;
    heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. Psalm 6:2

No comments: