Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Texas Bible Bowl

It's that time of the year when Texas Bible Bowl goes into full swing.  Next weekend we'll begin studying Joshua, Judges and Ruth.  I have all of my student materials prepared; Bibles, homework, and chapter heading cards.

I started working on the upcoming 2016 Bible Bowl in April and I'm at a really great place to begin with the kids.  So far I have 24 kiddos signed up, many are in the 3rd-6th grade age bracket.  I'm thrilled to see the younger kids getting excited about Bible Bowl.  

Teaching Bible Bowl is a double edged sword, the down side is there is no written curriculum, simply the Bible.  The up side is each teacher can put together their own material to match her teaching style.  Bible Bowl covers only what is in the text being covered.  At an older level the kids can work on interpretation, but for now it is mastering the information covered in this year's text.   

I've worked out lessons, practice tests, workbooks, games, flash cards, etc.  I try to have a variety of study materials because children learn different ways. M;y hope when it is all said an done that the kids want to continue with Bible Bowl each year, building on their knowledge.  I can't wait to get started with Joshua, Judges and Ruth! 


Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15



No comments: