Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Dallas Opera's Tosca


I'm a big fan of the opera and the symphony.  I am a self-proclaimed joyful noise with a great appreciation for those who can make beautiful music.  I've continued to coordinate trips to the opera for our PEACH home school group.  This years big performance for the Dallas Opera is Tosca.

It's Puccini's melodrama about a diva, a sadistic police chief and an idealistic artist.  It's set in Rome in the early 1800's.  This opera has all the elements I love; drama, suspense, love; all set against majestic backdrops with brilliant costuming.  

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles
 and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 
Rather, it should be that of your
 inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,
which is of great worth in God’s sight. I Peter 3:3-4

No comments: