Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Force Awakens


When you ask, 'who wants to see the new Star Wars movie' the response is an incredible, who doesn't!  today we joined twenty five plus homeschooling friends for the matinee showing. The Duncan's drove down from Ada to join us which made it extra special.  I can't tell you the number of light saber wars the kids have had together.  We've had field trips to the Fort Worth Museum of Science for a Star Wars exhibit when the kids were young. 

The movie did not disappoint!  Oh, except for that part where. . . (spoiler!)  Anyway, I remember seeing the first Star Wars movie when I was ten years old.  When the prequel came out, Jon and I took Frankie and BJ to see it and I was pregnant with Caleb.  The first time I felt him move was during the light saber battle in Episode I.   It was wonderful to have Caleb home to enjoy this together with other really special friends.   I know we will see this one again! 

After the movie we hung out at Cici's where the kids could enjoy lunch and discuss their favorite parts of the movie.  The hottest topic was, 'who is Rey?' argued out by head cannon Kenobi and head cannon Skywalker.  


For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  Ephesians 6:12

No comments: