Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Take Me Back to Tulsa


The Texas weather has brought an assortment of thunderstorms to our area.  All of that rain played havoc on dirt infield softball fields.  A couple of Abigail's games for this week were cancelled until the fields dry out.  That gave us the opportunity to make a run up to Oklahoma to check on our family.  

It was good to spend time with my mom, it was our first visit since my grandmother, her mother, passed away.  We were able to slow down and spend time visiting some favorite spots where I grew up.  It was special to have Abigail along with me, she got to see the schools I attended.  I showed her the pizza restaurant, grocery store and law office I worked in during high school.  Yes, I held down three jobs during my junior and senior year.  

We even visited a few new favorites like 'Not Your Grandma's Cupcakes!'  I picked up a few cupcakes and we celebrated an early Mother's Day!  We also stopped by my brother Michael's apartment for dinner.  It's hard to believe he's been there for two years.  

Before heading back we stopped by to see Granny, Jon's mom!  She gets on to me everytime she sees her picture on the blog but it makes me so happy to see her!  It worked out that she was off work today for a doctors appointment so we got to visit with Granny, Donnie, and one spoiled lab, Sport. 

It was a quick visit, but I'm so thankful for the time with my mom and Granny!  It's hard to believe we left Oklahoma some fourteen years ago.  

Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction

    and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

Proverbs 1:8

No comments: