Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day was filled with church, softball, and vacation Bible school drama practice.  Somewhere towards the end of the day we were all able to call and check in with the grand mothers and then head out to celebrate. 

Jon and the kids treated us to dinner at MiCocina.  A new location just opened up this week in our town.  They have wonderful Tex-Mex food and one of my favorite spots for chips and salsa!  There was also a small yellow box with a turquoise bow from the Kendra Scott store.  

But my favorite item every Mother's Day is the homemade cards from the kids.  Each creates their own card, sometimes with poetry or artwork and sweet wishes.  It was a very busy day, but my heart is full.  Everyday I am reminded how fortunate I am to be their mom.  God has taken every thing Jon and I have done and magnified the good and minimized our mistakes.  I'm ever so grateful! 

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.  Parents, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.  Colossians 3:20-21 

No comments: