Sunday, May 22, 2016

Super Women of Faith

With the school year ending, Summer is quickly approaching and with it are a few of my favorite things including Vacation Bible School.  At the Church of Christ on McDermott Road we host an evening VBS for youth and adults.  

Classes are offered with age appropriate lessons complete with games and lesson reinforcement's for the kids.  Each evening finishes off with a twenty minute musical production of the days lesson.  Like the last ten years, I've written the play for each night and other great team members have prepared the music, props, and costumes.  

Our theme this year is 'Super Women of Faith.'  Night one will feature Rahab; night two will highlight Ruth; night three will be Mary and we will finish off night four with Lydia.  I love that we track the lineage of Christ through Rahab and Ruth to Mary the mother of Christ and then conclude with the first Gentile believer in Europe, Lydia.

I will narrate part of the story on stage as the 'Mom' along with my kiddos 'Michael' and 'Carolyn.'  Abigail will be on-stage with me as Carolyn.  Caleb will be in each night's story playing various roles like Joseph, Timothy and others.  I like that Caleb was cast as Timothy, especially since my Dad's mother was named Eunice and my Mom's grandmother was named Lois! Talk about Super Women of Faith!
Right now we are rehearsals twice a week, the music is fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together!   

I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother
Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.  2 Timothy 1:5

No comments: