Friday, August 26, 2016

Going Home


Trips to Tulsa will always include a stop at the cemetery.  It's a odd reality that so many of our relatives, both Jon's family and mine are there.  I think it is a blessing for the kids that both sides of the family are at the same cemetery.  My mom's twin, my grandparents, Jon's dad, my dad, Mimi's parents, and Jon's aunts and uncles are all together.  It is the first place we stop when we come to town to pay our respects and to pass favorite stories down to the kids of each of the lives represented in bronze. 

For today, our next stop was out to Mom and Bob's house.  It is the house I grew up in and it is always good to be home.  One of my favorite things to do when I'm home is to cook with my mom.  I know it is a lot for her to prepare meals for all of us.  I grew up in the kitchen cooking because my mom was a working mom.  Our meals would be our time to sit down together when Mom and Dad got home for work.  

There is a comfort knowing the salt shaker, pots and pans are all in the same place they have been for the last forty plus years! Some things have changed like the microwave above the stove and all of its fancy buttons, just ask my Mom! The table is still set; the dishes and glasses all match; the roll warmer is still the same one from my childhood; and we like it that way!  


In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so,
I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:2 

No comments: