Saturday, August 6, 2016

Idle Hands


The summer months mean Vacation Bible School is over, meaning the script writing, staging and performing are done.  That usually takes up November through January, with a little time in June.  

Summer also means I'm not in that six month stretch of teaching Bible Bowl, October through March!  But summer means I am preparing all of the study material for Bible Bowl.  No material is distributed for Bible Bowl, it's straight forward the test is over the Bible, so what the kids need to master is the Bible.  

Because I serve on the Board of Directors for Texas Bible Bowl, I began last year making a study guide available to anyone interest in Bible Bowl.  I'm so excited to announce I have completed the Study Guide for Texas Bible Bowl 2017.  It is up on the Texas Bible Bowl download page of their website. The Study Guide is 147 pages of questions over the book of Acts, broken up by chapters.  It is an aid help the kids understanding of the scriptures they are studying.  I've written the questions directly from the English Standard Version and they are all multiple choice.  Because it is a tool for learning, each question is followed by the verse number where the answer can be found.

For my McDermott group, I usually print our a Study Guide for each participant and this will serve as their homework as we work through the book of Acts.  In addition to the Study Guide their is also a color coded printed out of the Book of Acts that aids in study preparations, along with a one-word list.  My sweet friend Kristy Stickland put these together, and I put together something very similar, and then used mine to proof her final copy.  Hopefully between the two of us, it is as accurate as possible.

My next step will be writing up my lesson plans and getting all the material produced for my, Lord Willing, 30 students!
Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep,
    and an idle person will suffer hunger.

Proverbs 19:15

No comments: