Sunday, October 2, 2016

Random Acts

Texas Bible Bowl starts today, the beginning of six months of in depth studies of the book of Acts. We started off with thirty-one students and six moms preparing to take the test in April.  

Jon kicked off the parents meeting in one room and I began lesson one with the kids.  I had intentions of getting pictures of the kids but the best I did was a photo of my study materials. For Texas Bible Bowl each teacher is responsible for preparing their study material.  I've spent the last six months getting the Bibles highlighted.  In addition I write a Study Guide for Texas Bible Bowl.  It is up on the website for other coaches to utilize for their classes too. 

Other things I find helpful with my class is flash cards for games.  The girls helped me write questions for people, places, colors, quotes and numbers in our study.  Technology is a great aid to this generation too.  I've been able to upload the flash cards to Quizlet, an online flash card game site.  Quizlet even offers apps where students can play on their phones. There is also a website called Dropbox where I've uploaded audio files for book of Acts and file games.  

The kids were full of excitement today, it's always so encouraging to see a room full of kids who are eager to study the Bible!  It still takes me by surprise that they get excited about hanging out with me, knowing I'll be giving them homework, tests, and more tests! 


Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin,
 it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; 
you will only find yourselves fighting against God. Acts 5:38-39

No comments: