Monday, November 14, 2016

Glorious Gardens

We spent the day hanging out at the Fort Worth Japanese Garden in the Fort Worth Botanic Garden.  The garden was built in 1973 and many of the plants and construction materials were donated by Fort Worth's sister city Nagaoka, Japan.

This was our first visit and was the first time our PEACH group visited the gardens. The docents offer various tours spotlighting science or botany. 

There are multiple koi ponds flowing from the Trinity River.  The master gardener was on hand to give us his inspiration on the gardens.  

I made great works. I built houses and planted vineyards for myself. I made myself gardens and parks, and planted in them all kinds of fruit trees.  I made myself pools from which to water the forest of growing trees. Ecclesiastes 2:4-6

No comments: