Saturday, December 10, 2016

No Worries

Padme', our sweet tempered English Mastiff, is getting older and having trouble getting around these days.  When she was younger she would climb into our bath tub where I could bathe her.  Now having celebrated her 12th birthday, climbing in and out of a bathtub is not an option.
There is a wonderful pet grooming and boarding business near our house called Hakuna Matata. They have stainless steel tanks that are on a hydraulic lift.  I can lower the tub to the floor where the puppy can easily climb in and then raise the tube once she is steady.  

The funniest thing is the dog loves the blow dryer.  I don't know if the warm air feels good on her tired joints or if she just like a little massage, but it's amusing to watch. 

We're really blessed to have the old girl.  Mastiff's life expectancy is 10 to 12 years.  I can't tell you how many times I prayed that we wouldn't loose her during that first year that Caleb went off to college.  I don't think Frankie or I would have survived!  God is good and the puppy is still here, and we survived Caleb's first year away from home! 

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”  
“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

Matthew 15:26-27

No comments: