Monday, January 30, 2017

Cyrano de Bergerac at the Plate


Yesterday afternoon Abigail had softball practice with her select team, Rage.  They had just arrived on the field and Abigail was going to play catch with another player.  She stopped to tighten her pony tail but her throwing partner wasn’t paying attention and threw the ball at Abigail's nose! 

Abigail has a fractured nose and is now sporting 2 black eyes. It happened at the beginning of practice and when her nose stopped bleeding she finished out the two hour practice.

So how did my Cyrano de Bergerac do in her first high school game of the season? Well, after putting on her helmet (a lesson learned yesterday), she hit a double, went on to third on a passed ball. She scored on a bunt for the go ahead run. CHANT Chargers went on to beat Celina High School 12-5! Coach didn't let her catch tonight, she and her fractured nose hung out in right field.  It was a great start to this year's high school season! 

as long as my breath is in me,
    and the spirit of God is in my nostrils,
my lips will not speak falsehood,
    and my tongue will not utter deceit.
Job 27:3-4

No comments: