Saturday, February 18, 2017

Delbert McClinton Concert


This is my guy, he gets me! Valentine’s Day conjures up images of chocolates, roses and poetic cards, right?! My Valentine’s Day gift included a Delbert McClinton CD, 2 tickets to the concert tonight and a giant can of hairspray! Why? In 1989 I drove a 1967 Ford Pinto that had a Delbert McClinton cassette stuck in the player. It was the only thing I could listen to in my car, over and over. Jon would laugh every time he got in my car and I would just sing along louder. The cassette would later get traded in along with the Pinto that year. 


Tonight we headed to the Granada Theater in Dallas to see the now 77 year old McClinton perform!  His music is a mix of blues, jazz and soulful rock.

After the concert we were walking through the parking lot and there were fans waiting in line to get a photo with Delbert, I couldn't miss out on such an opportunity like that!  Jon just laughed and stood in line with me and took the picture! We had so much fun.  Thanks, Jon! 

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. I Peter 4:8

No comments: