Sunday, July 2, 2017

David and Goliath Rehearsal

It's that wonderful time of the year, the time when kids 'Roll the Gospel Chariot;' when refrigerator art is made; and when Bible Stories come to life on stage.  That time is known as Vacation Bible School.

I've written a series of four stories taken from I & II Samuel.  The theme I picked was 'A Heart Like His.' It chronicles the stories of David's relationships with Saul, Jonathan, Abigail and Mephibosheth.  

This year we are working with an all youth cast.  I think there is something inspirational about the kids in the audience seeing their peers teaching the Bible stories.  Our youth interns were responsible for directing, filming and editing our stories. I'm looking forward to the final production! 

He raised up David to be their king, of whom he testified and said, ‘I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.’
Acts 13:22

No comments: