Friday, November 3, 2017

Chicken Pot Pie!


Tonight we have several commitments so I needed an easy dinner, hmm that sounds like I need to break out some of those cans! Abigail said she wanted homemade chicken pot pie, easy enough.  In my crock pot I poured a jar of my canned shredded chicken, chicken broth, and cream of chicken.  About thirty minutes before serving I added a drained jar of mixed vegetables

To thicken my soup, I mixed 2 tablespoons of ARGO Corn Starch to one cup cold water until it was very smooth. Then, gradually stir the corn starch/water mixture into the soup to thicken.  I had a package of Pillsbury Pie Crust that I rolled out and cut into cute circles.  Bake according to the package instructions and serve as a topper to your soup. 

So easy and homemade! 


Better a small serving of vegetables with love
    than a fattened calf with hatred.

Proverbs 15:17

No comments: