Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hawaii Five-0 Surprise Birthday Party


I'm not sure where to even start with this post.  I'm a Christmas birthday baby, that means that most of my birthday have been spent traveling for the holidays.  Not many birthday parties because either we were traveling or friends were traveling. 

This year I turn fifty, that's kind of a big deal.  Jon and the kids planned a huge surprise for my birthday.  With the help of my sweet friend Ms. Stacy they pulled off a beautiful surprise.  In the past two weeks Abigail an Jon shopped for decorations, food, balloons, flowers and party paraphernalia. 

Caleb was responsible for keeping me distracted and busy while all the shopping and preparations were going on.  Abigail orchestrated Caleb and Frankie making chicken kabobs and garlic shrimp.  The girls also made pineapples out of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.  Ms. Stacy baked a delicious pineapple island flavored cake and pineapple cookies! 

On the day of the party Gracie helped Abigail decorate at Ms. Stacy's house.  Caleb picked up helium filled balloons.  Jon, Frankie and I ran around in the morning while I thought Abigail was babysitting for Ms. Stacy's younger girls.  We ran over to Ms. Stacy's house to pick up Abigail because Caleb had dropped her off but she needed a ride home.  But SURPRISE! There was a house full of people there to surprise me! Such a fun day, surrounded by so many sweet friends! 

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
    sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

No comments: