Monday, January 29, 2018

Dallas Opera Teacher Professional Development


Every opera season the Dallas Opera hosts a Teacher Professional Development night. The Opera's Education Department provides teachers with material to prepare students for upcoming performances. 

The go over where in history the opera was composed along with influence and contemporaries at the time the music was composed.  There is a history of the story,  characters, and opera art-form prior to the program. 

The class include a tour of the beautiful Winspear Opera House. For the 2017-2018 season we took students to the fall performance of Samson and Dalila and next week we are taking a group of student to The Ring of Polykrates.  

I really enjoy the music history presented and the tie in to student teaching materials.  

I will incline my ear to a proverb;

    I will solve my riddle to the music of the lyre.
Psalm 49:4

No comments: